Pages

Monday, October 12, 2015

My cooking style: NaBloPoMo Day 8

You could probably say my cooking style is similar to other stay-at-home-mom's...
Quick and easy.

I could just end this here. It's straight forward and to the point. But,...I'm not usually one to stop short. We all know I like to ramble.

Honestly though I think it's a bit more elevated than that. I do like to cook. As I mentioned in a previous post, I have a 2.5 year old that loves to help me in the kitchen. I also have a 9 month old who hangs onto my legs and makes it very hard for me to move about the kitchen. And even with this I try to cook healthy meals that my girls will enjoy as well as myself.

My style involves looking up and trying out new recipes as well as throwing in a few tried and true meals that I know we all love. I really enjoy cooking new foods. I have several cook books that are finally getting a bit more use out of them. When I meal plan I use a combination of cook books, magazines, online searches and friends recommendations.

Most importantly to me they need to be healthy. And in my family that means minimal sodium (no added salt usually), ZERO trans-fats (ever), no TBHQ/BHT and as natural or close to nature as it can be. Because of this I do usually have to edit recipes from my current cook books because most of those are very high in salt. 

I like cooking fresh foods. I love using the crock-pot, though I despise cleaning it, and I' starting to love stir-fry. Something I'm not good at is freezer meals. I tried my hardest to do them before my first daughter was born. I did actually a ton of work on them with my mom the Wednesday before I went into labor (just 2 days later) but we ended up not eating all of what we prepared and I HATE soggy foods and a lot of the freezer meals turned out soggy after reheating them.

Well...that's it. I'm not sure if they gives you any sense of the "style" of cook I am. As long as I can make it quickly and it's healthy I'm game!

No comments:

Post a Comment