Pages

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Alivia @ 34 months old...

Yes I find it ridiculous to say she is "34 months old" and no I don't say that when someone asks me how old my daughter is. But for the sake of this blog and me (trying to) writing a post each month about how she's changed it makes sense. So just relax...it's going to be ok...(Ashley :-)  )

Alivia,

My dear sweet little adorable Alivia. You are getting SO BIG. You are growing up so fast and I just can't believe how much you change every single day. Honestly, there is something new you say or do or a new way you act, each and every day that just amazes me.

At Cyprus's 5th birthday party
You're not quite 3 years old yet and already you are the best big sister ever. You take amazing care of your little Juliana, you're patient with her, you share with her and you say how much you love her every day. I hope this continues on because it's truly the most precious thing I've ever witnessed. There are certainly moments throughout the day where you do want her to play with your toys, and that's ok. Or times when she pulls your hair or pokes you in the eye and you yell out at her but you're two and a half years old...this is normal and common and absolutely understandable. Plus she's 9 months old and doesn't know what (most the time) she's even doing when she grabs at you.

First day of fall (helping her put her hat back on)


Just today before your nap, as I changed your diaper, she reached over to touch your face and she poked you right in the eye. You got upset for about 3 seconds, because it did hurt!, and then you said this:
"That's ok Juliana, accidents happen because you're just a baby and you're still learning how to be gentle"

....I mean really? And that's verbatim...I wrote it down immediately.


You've just recently had an incredible growth spurt as well. It seems as if over night non of your clothes fit you. Your pants are too short, your pj's are too snug and non of your shoes fit! You went from having an overabundance of clothes to choose from to a very limited amount that actually look comfortable. Today we went to Target and I put a dress on you that I just bought a few months ago. As you were running to the bathroom (because you're always running) I noticed how short the dress had gotten! A woman standing next to me said how cute you were. Obviously I agree :-)


Things you like right now:
  • Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood and Curious George. You don't get to watch very much TV but when you do that's what you pick. You also love watching "Tiny Babies" which is a vlog we watch on YouTube together (if I haven't already watched it while you were napping...yes...while you were napping. Things do happen during that time and I'm not ready for the day you figure that out haha)
  • You LOVE reading books. Any and all books. Right now we're still on a Curious George kick as well as Ladybug Girl. But there are a wide variety of books that we read every day and you love going to the library to pick out more.
  • You love helping me cook. Even if it's just spreading almond butter on your bread. As long as you're right next to me, and you have a hand in it, you're happy. You pull one of our ridiculously heavy chairs across the kitchen floor and up to the counter. You're excellent at peeling any fruit or vegetable I give you. You can grate cheese, lemons, garlic. You crack your own eggs. You mix batter. You pour all the ingredients we need into the bowl. You're really quite the little helper. You're begging me to let you by the stove but I'm not ready for that yet. I'm too afraid you'll burn yourself on something. Maybe in a couple years little love.
  • If you could spend all day outside you would. We go to the park about 5 times a week, walk to the mail box everyday (even on Sundays) we sit on our deck and play every day. We sit out on a blanket in the grass and relax in the shade of a tree by our front door. You love watering the tomato plant and splashing in the water from the faucet.
  • You love, love, love playing baby dolls...I don't think I've ever played baby dolls this much in my life...and I have 3 little sisters. You pretty much reenact everyday life with them and we are always playing with you.
  • You also love Little People by Fisher Price. You've collected quite the little army of people and they are also played with every day.
  • You ask me now to put your hair in braids or a pony tail!


You like to sing and dance. Right now your favorite song is "3 Little Birds" by Bob Marley.
You always want me with you. Every day for about the last month you've started saying "I don't want you to go anywhere ever mommy. Not to the store. Not to the library. I just want you to stay with me forever."  You've also been telling me at nap or bed time, when we're giving "baby hug and a kiss" "I'm going to hold onto you forever. Until the sun comes up! It's going to be a long long time mommy"

Talk about melting my heart.



The other night Juliana was crawling all around the hall way while I was singing you songs for bed. Usually I either hold you both at the same time (yes this is very difficult!) or I'm holding you on my hip but this night I was holding you like a baby and swaying you back and forth. Your eyes started getting really heavy and I told you that if I kept rocking you I'd end up rocking you to sleep. Then Juliana wandered out of eye sight so I had to step around the corner and corral her back to the hallway. You looked up at me and said "Can you do that?" I asked what you meant and you just said "Can you do that sometime mommy. Can you rock me to sleep?" Goodness just typing it out makes me get all teary. I just can't even handle the sweetness! It's so amazing that I used to rock you to sleep every single night. That was how you feel asleep. And then things change, we alter what we do, you get older, another baby comes along and before I know it my little girl is asking with awe in her voice if mommy can actually rock you to sleep. It somewhat breaks my heart that I don't anymore, and that you'll never remember when I did.

OK...must change the subject now or I'll never finish writing this for I can't see through the tears! :-)



You're doing great with learning numbers. You can count to 18 most days but sometimes you'll go weeks where the numbers get jumbled up after 6 or 10. Its cute listening to you count. You're not as excited about the alphabet anymore. You used to sing your ABC's all day long but you've lost interest in that at the moment. You still know all the letters if I point them out to you it's just not on your radar right now.



Stickers are a big hit as is play dough.

And you're almost done potty training. I'm hoping that actually moves along here a bit better.

Little one you're my favorite Alivia and I'm excited to see what new changes are in store for us over the next month!

Love,
Mommy

4 comments:

  1. Sure--for her it's going to be a long,long time! For you a blink of the eye! You will be so glad you wrote down these memories, and so will she.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :-) I hope she'll like looking back on this some day.

      Delete
  2. Awww, I just want to squeeze those little cheeks. This is such a challenging, but wonderful age!

    ReplyDelete