Pages

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

"Lullaby goodnight, mother delight"

Alivia recently wants to sing together. It's the sweetest thing. She can sing;
Twinkle twinkle little star
Bah bah black sleep
Lullaby and goodnight (which she either calls "the mother delight ong" or "Lullaby and goodnight mother delight")
Old McDonald
Rock-a-bye baby
Frere Jacques 
Soft Kitty warm kitty (yes...from TBBT)

It's so cute hearing her sing these songs. Because she can't pronounce all of the words yet and she can't say the letter "s" so it all comes out rather cute. My favorite is when she asks to sing "lullaby and good night" I don't know all of the lyrics to that one so I've kinda made up most of it. The only thing that sucks about that now is she's paying attention and expects certain words to come in a certain order. Oops. Luckily her favorite part is "you are mothers delight" so as long as I say that part a bunch of times she seems to be happy enough. 

She really is my delight too. Her and Juliana. It's amazing how much two little tiny people can just light up your day. Granted they can also make your day rather crazy, but really can't anyone? Your boss, your spouse, the cashier checking you out at Target lol. Unless my boss is giving me a raise or the cashier says my groceries are free..they don't really have a chance to "delight" me. My husband can of course. Like this morning when he brought me breakfast in bed. That was very sweet and rather delightful 😊

But these girls...they can do something as simple as smile and my day is better. 

We're all 3 currently sitting in Alivia's room waiting for her to fall asleep. Same time, different day. Juliana is nursing to sleep and I'm day dreaming about sleep. I need to figure out a way to nap in here too. But I usually spend a good chunk of time trying to keep Juliana asleep so as not to wake up Alivia. 

Tomorrow will be interesting. I'm back to work 😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩 and daddy will be doing nap time on his own. He doesn't have a boob though to help little Juliana fall asleep in the room. And I'm afraid that once he turns out the lights and sits in the chair that's exactly what little Juliana will be expecting. 😢. It's become our routine. 

I guess I'll stop writing now and soak up my last day of maternity leave. Sitting in this dark room while my babies fall asleep  and I'll keep singing "Lullaby and goodnight, you are mother's delight"




No comments:

Post a Comment