Pages

Monday, April 13, 2015

Family Photos

Can I just start off by saying how much I love these photos? Seriously, I love my family so much and I really feel like these really capture us. The feelings are real. We asked our friend to do a photo session for us (for us? really I think it was "with" us. She's really wonderful) and we wanted them to be more photo journalistic. There are posed shots, but for the most part it was just us being silly.

These were initially going to be Newborn Photos. You know the kind; little tiny baby is all bundled up in a swaddle, eyes closed, yawning, parents looking on adoringly. Well, true to my nature, that didn't happen. First of all I never expected us to be in the NICU for 10 days post birth. So that somewhat threw a wrench in things. Then little miss was on oxygen until her 1 month check up and we wanted to wait until that was gone just so it was less cumbersome. Then both my girls came down with a ridiculous bout of cold/stomach flu, which lasted over 2 weeks....we hardly survived that people! Once we were finally over that and red and runny noses were gone...our photographer's little boys came down with a cold. Just like that the newborn stage was gone.

It's incredible how quickly that short little stage leaves our lives. One minute you're 9 months pregnant, can't wait to meet the little tiny person who has been taking up all your lung capacity for the last few months and the next their 3 months old. No...the next minute their 2.5 years old! Seriously how did Alivia get so big already? Although I'm sure if you asked my own mother she'd say "Wait...how are you already having babies of your own? Weren't you just a little tiny baby on my hip yesterday?"

But, that's how it is. And while time just flies past us it's good to stop, take some family photos, and try to capture the "Now". The "Right Now". The "This is how we looked and felt as a family on this day and lets try our best to remember and treasure it". Yes it's a pain in the ass to get everyone ready, coordinate naps, lunches, snacks, baths, diapers, outfit changes, ... more diapers, and yes it's costly. But I really feel that's all worth it. I feel that it's a good investment in our family's history, legacy,...what the hell...I just like looking at my cute babes!

So here they are. Our family photos taken this March when Juliana was just about 2.5 months old and Alivia was 2 years and 3 months and Dustin and I were...ha, no one cares how old we are, we know you're just here to see the babies.

By the way, our photographer and friend is Charisa Reeves. She's amazing and I'm so glad we know her!
https://www.facebook.com/CharisaNicoleDesign 




















































No comments:

Post a Comment