Pages

Thursday, March 26, 2015

"That sometimes happens mommy"

Yes...that sometimes happens. The quote above is from my 2 year old. A couple weeks ago I asked if she'd share her bacon with me. She said no. I asked pretty please. She said no. So I gave her a sad face hoping that would prompt her sweet self to share. ... Nope. Instead, she looks at my sad face, pats my back and says "That sometimes happens mommy". Ha!

So what happened today? I was late getting her home for her nap. By my own fault. A friend I haven't seen in a few years invited me and the girls over. I jumped at the chance to get out of the house. Even better is that she has a 3 year old and a 6 month old so not only was I getting out of the house but we were going to spend time with someone who understands. Someone who knows what it's like to have a child start crying for no reason or needs to poop right that minute or interrupts you 8,654,456 times. 

And what happened? We talked and compared notes and wiped butts and got snacks and kissed boo-boos and lost track of time. And it was great. 

Now I'm sitting in my 2 year olds room while she falls asleep hoping that the  baby choking on my milk won't wake her up. All while looking at the time on my phone in total disbelief that she should have been asleep an hour ago. And reminding myself, with my own 2 year olds wisdom; "That sometimes happens mommy."

No comments:

Post a Comment