Pages

Friday, March 27, 2015

"Go home people!"

We have to teach our little ones patients. They won't learn that on their own. And how do we teach something? By example. Ok sure, simple enough right?...

Ha. Maybe if we all had someone around but to cook and clean and change diapers and do laundry and take care of all the little and big things that need done in a day that start to wear on our own patients. (I type this while jumping up out of my 2 year olds room to put the pacifier in the baby's mouth that is swinging/napping in my bedroom, while waiting for the 2 year old to fall asleep...patients people, patients)

But when we have so much going on in our lives it's hard to stay patient. Then you add in the fact that we're now a (interrupted again, 5th time baby started crying so now she's in the room with us nursing. She has a dirty diaper, maybe that's why she kept crying in her sleep...and she's hungry. And I just sprayed her all over the face with milk bc the 2 year old needed her foot tucked in for the 100th time...wait 101 now...does anyone know how hard it is to get up and out of a recliner with a baby attached to your boob and lean over a crib, that's on its lowest setting (lest the toddler try to escape) to tuck little feet into a blanket just right?) 

Where was I? Oh right, patients. How do you lead by example when you just want to shout; "YOUR FEET ARE FINE! It's 78 degrees in this room...you won't freeze!"

So today in the car I'm trying to get home  to start this ever loving nap time process...(it's currently 1:25 and she's still not asleep, though I laid her down at 1). The cars in front of me we're going 34 mph with the speed limit at 35...don't they know they can go a little faster? It's like everyone out today was on a Sunday stroll...it's FRIDAY people! So I switch lanes, then go back again, inpatiently, and say "come on guys can we go please?". Up until this point the 2 year old hasn't paid any attention to me but of course this she picks up on. 
"What you talking about mommy?" I tell her it's nothing and that mommy just needs to work on being patient. I ask her to remind me to take a deep breath because that's what I'm trying to teach her. Instead she says the following...
"Go home people! Go to your houses, move! Move! Move! There's a car coming. Move people! Go home and eat with your mouth and your tummy!!!"

Lol I don't even know where she comes up with this stuff. But it reminded me that she will learn what ever we teach her. If I yell at cars to get out of my way then why wouldn't she?

So, I'll take a deep breath, try to be patient and wait for another 30 mins for her to fall asleep while I have a baby on my boob who has a stinky diaper...and maybe then I'll be able to go in the kitchen and eat with my mouth and tummy. 



No comments:

Post a Comment