Pages

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Happy Birthday Mom!

Today is my wonderful mother's birthday, she is 51 today. We celebrated last night by going out to dinner with the family (most of us anyway) and it was so nice being able to spend time together. It's rare that my brother, sister-in-law, sister husband and parents are all together. Of course my hubby was out of the country but it was great seeing everyone else. I know my mom was happy too. :-)

Today's prompt in the NaBloPoMo is;

"Winter and summer are two seasons that have songs clearly associated with the time period. But are there any songs that remind you of fall?"

My response to that? None. Really. I've been thinking about this today and literally there isn't a single song that I can say always reminds me of fall. Is that sad? There are plenty of songs out there that remind of of certain times of my life, certain people in my life, even winter...but not fall.

So instead of writing about the song that makes me think of fall, here I'll leave you with a list of popular fall songs. Maybe here soon I'll hear a song on the radio and I'll think "YES! That's it! This song makes me think back to fall..." but for now, I'll leave you with this...

Wake Me Up When September Ends Green Day
Gone Till November  Wyclef Jean
Girl from the North Country  Bob Dylan & Johnny Cash
October  Broken Bells

California Dreamin'  The Mamas & The Papas
Harvest Moon  Neil Young
Autumn In New York  Bille Holiday
Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground  The White Stripes
Autumn  Bombay Bicycle Club
Country Song  Jake Bugg 

Autumn Almanac  The Kinks
Grand Theft Autumn/Where Is Your Boy  Fall Out Boy
Autumn Leaves (ft. Kendrick Lamar) Chris Brown 

November Rain  Guns N' Roses 
Autumn Leave Eva Cassidy



Looking over a few of these songs I can say that "Wake Me Up When September Ends" does make me think about fall time. I just never realized it before.


There you have it. Are there any songs that make you think of the fall time?



No comments:

Post a Comment