Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

No Spend April


Free PayPal Money

I recently joined a new Facebook group and while reading through the comments I saw someone mention their "no spend month" and how they didn't make it because they had to buy new materials. The materials, by the way, were for scrap booking. So "had" to buy was more like "wanted" to buy. Her comment brought out more people talking about their own "no spend month" and I got to thinking...what in the world is that?


Now...I know what you're thinking, it's not rocket science. Obviously it means that you don't spend any money for the month. But it's something I've never heard of doing before, or wanted to do before for that matter. I mean...shopping. Do I even need to say anything else? How can one go an ENTIRE MONTH and not buy anything?! It's not possible. Right?

Well I like a challenge. Ask anyone who knows me and they'll tell you if I have the option between "easy" and "hard"...I end up picking the hard. It doesn't even matter the topic. Cake; Boxed or From Scratch? Nope...There's a 3rd option people! It's the one where you have to buy special organic whole wheat flower that was cultivated in the forest of Never Never Land and the only way there is by a special unicorn. But to get the unicorn there you have to make them a treat. There are two options for the treat...easy or hard...nope there's a 3rd option for that too................

Do you see where I'm going here. I don't.

Anyway. I'm up for a challenge and this is coming at a really good time too. With D just getting back into a new job (and actually may be leaving that now too but that's another day's post) and the months on end we went without an income, we have a LOT Of catching up to do. So not spending any money for a whole month can and will do us a world of good!

Did I mention that the Facebook group I joined is for planners....planners...this stupid planner is now costing me an arm and a leg. An arm and a leg that I can't afford to give up. And not only because I have 2 young children that require me to have 6 arms and 6 legs but I'm really fond of my appendages. Or is it limbs? both? Wait...we're talking about money.

Between wanting all the Tulas, LuLaRoe, Happy Planner stuff, washi tape (yes...it's a thing, don't ask) and donuts (I have a problem) I'm spending WAY TOO MUCH MONEY!!!!!

So here's my plan;

Don't. Spend. Any. Money.

For April. At least. I Googled this concept and really it's not that crazy but when you have a shopping habit, and not the money to support it, it's a problem. Not to mention it's not needed. The things I've bought in the last 2 months could ALLLLL be returned to the store and I wouldn't be all that affected by it. It's just a habit.

Tomorrow I'll lay out the details of what I plan on doing but for tonight I'm going to sort through my ridiculous stash of washi and find a way to organize it...that won't cost me any more money.

No comments:

Post a Comment