Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2016

No Spend April: Getting Ready

The point behind "no spend month", for me at least, is to save money, get out of the habit of buying on a whim and to appreciate what I already have at home. 
So it won't do any good if I go crazy today buying things and "stocking up" and stuff I otherwise wouldn't need. I don't want to go spend $300 on food/clothes/toys in "preparation" for not spending money in April. 

So how am I prepping? I'm doing the usual grocery shopping I always do to begin with though I won't be making as many trips as is typical, I'm setting up a grocery pickup for the restocking of fruits and vegetables I know I'll need, I'm unfollowing groups on Facebook that sell anything, as well as "planner" groups because seeing all the stuff purchased by other people won't help me at all. 

Today I will fill my car up with gas becasje  10 miles away from empty! And I'll be attempting to not fill up again until May1st. Unless D needs to take my car to work I think I can make it all month. 

I will obviously be paying bills...I'm pretty sure my landlord, credit card companies and power company won't be on board with my "no spend April". (Wouldn't that be nice!?)

I'm also hoping this will help me break my terrible sugar habit because I won't be stopping for any treats. 

...and I did stop this morning for a treat...like I do many times a week...
So here's to not spending money, giving up coffee and losing sugar from my diet!

...wish my family luck...

Anyone else crazy enough to do this with me? I'll be looking for encouraging comments throughout the month to help me! 😉

No comments:

Post a Comment