Pages

Friday, July 31, 2015

Toddler Fashion: Christmas in July

I thought this was cute. Alivia likes choosing her own clothes. Actually, she's two...so that means she likes choosing EVERYTHING. And we feel it's important to let her decide certain things when it's appropriate. We'll give her options for food at times; "Do you want avocado or carrots for a snack?" "Which jammies do you want to wear tonight?" "Do you want to go to the library or the park this afternoon?" It lets her feel more in control, helps her with decision making and honestly helps stop tantrums. Besides, who wants to be told what to do all day every day without being asked for their input? No one.

Usually we choose her clothes together though it's not uncommon for her to want to pick it all on her own. And really why not? As long as it's weather appropriate and the clothes are clean and fit her I don't see any reason that I should stop her from picking her own clothes. Can it be embarrassing? Probably, but should that be the reason I impede her own style? I don't think so. :-) And I really don't care what other people think. I'd rather help instill a healthy sense of self in my daughter than a fear of what someone else might think of her.

So that being said (and hopping off my soap box) I thought it would be fun to record some of these outfits she's picked. Because frankly I find it adorable!








2 comments:

  1. I remember another little girl that was in jr high. She was afraid to wear her polka dot outfit to school because her friends might make fun of her. I suggested she wear what she liked, and she did. It always good to encourage your kids to be themselves, regardless of their wardrobe choices :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) Thank you Mom. I knew I must have learned this from someone.

      Delete