Pages

Thursday, June 4, 2015

New adventures

I've been meaning to write about this for a while now but something is always coming up. Namely my two little girls are needing my attention. But I still want to do an update about a big change that's happened around here.

I'm now a stay at home mama! My last day of work was June 1st and I'm so excited to have finally been able to start this journey. I really did love my job, it was fun, rewarding, I loved the people I worked for and with and really I got to set my own hours within reason. It was very flexible and I had a good time there. But the day I had Alivia, 2.5 years ago, I knew that I wanted and needed to stay home with her. It wasn't an option at the time so after my measly 12 week maternity leave was up I had to head back to work. My manager offered my a different position that allowed to me work from home most days and that was truly appreciated. While I was still out of the house a lot (because you can't sell homes from home...) I was still able to spend a lot more time at home that I would have sitting in the office. For that I'm so thankful. But, inevitably, she hit certain milestones while I was at work away from home.

Crawling. She crawled for the first time while I was 40 mile away covering a model home community for a co-worker. That sucked. I still remember my husband sending me a video and showing me her crawling over to the stairs where her grandma was sitting. I wish I would have been here when she did that.

Then of course there are the other little things that would pop up. A beautiful day that I wanted to spend outside with her, swimming at the pool was restricted to 2 days a week, going to the library, just sitting on the couch and cuddling her. Not to mention pumping breast milk sucks and it's so much easier just to feed them from the tap lol.

Once I found out I was pregnant with Juliana I knew I didn't want to have them both in daycare and I wanted to be the one to take care of them. My mother in law watched Alivia from the time I went back to work until I went on maternity leave again, so about 2 years. Between her, my husband and myself, and at times my own mother was watching her too, we were able to keep her out of daycare, in the arms of family and save money at the same time. But with two....that's a bit harder for anyone and it wasn't something hubby's mom wanted to take on. If Alivia were already in school part time it would have been easier to work out with family but with a 2.5 year old and a 3 month old that just wasn't going to happen.

I did try going back to work after my leave, hubby was watching both of the girls but it's not what either of us wanted. While he obviously loves our children and enjoys spending time with them, being a stay at home dad wasn't something he wanted to do. And I desperately did. So after giving it some more thought we agreed that me being home with them was the best thing.

And I'm SO EXCITED! I know it's only been a few days but since I was working from home a lot before I've already experienced what it's like being home all day long with both of them. It's certainly not always easy but I love it. I don't know how long I'll be this excited haha but I'm going to embrace it now and enjoy getting to spend a lot more time with my little girls.

This is time you can't get back and I'm glad I'm going to be spending it with them.







No comments:

Post a Comment