Pages

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Working out and Uncle Lou!

Well, two days ago I finally started my work outs again. I hadn't worked out since a week before the wedding! Yikes! My body officially hates me right now, but I know that it'll get better. Right?
I'm doing a Jullian Michaels 30 Day Shred, which I did for the wedding, and I also just got a Warrior Yoga DVD. Both are kicking my butt! However, I'm happy that I'm finally past that "Oh I'm going to do it tomorrow" hump. All I needed was one day of exercise to remember how great it feels afterward.

I also signed up for the Pound for Pound Challenge http://www.pfpchallenge.com/. I pledged for 17 pounds! For every pound you pledge to lose they donate .14 to Feeding America. I think it's a great cause and your losing weight at the same time! Check out the link above to pledge for your state!

This isn't a New Years Resolution. I've been meaning to start working out for months now and I'm just now finally doing it. :-)

We just found out today that Dustin's uncle Lou no longer has cancer!!!! Shortly after our wedding he found out that he had Stage Four non hodgkin's lymphoma. The cancer had spread to all of his lymph nodes and it was looking pretty bad. He has had chemo treatments since then, one of which he was scheduled for today. Before they started the treatment the doctor did some blood work and a scan and found NO cancer!! This is just wonderful news and we're so happy for him! What a great way to start off the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment