Pages

Monday, August 17, 2015

Our first story time!

(Wow...I wrote this back in April and forgot to post it...)

I'm always trying to find new things for Alivia to do and experience. She has never been in day care before and has only been taken care of by those that know and love her very well. I think that having family help to take care of her is important, it helps to foster a healthy relationship between her and loved ones. She loves her grandmas and grandpas so much as well as her aunties and uncle. I know that she would still love them if we had her in daycare, however, when we aren't doing daycare and our only option is myself or my husband and that doesn't work out we have to turn to family. And she in turn gets to spend more time with them.

All that said I definitely know that she is missing out on a few things by not being in day care. Interactions with other children, learning how to deal with unfamiliar situations, new adults and other ways of learning, coping, etc. I don't think all of those are necessary for such a young child and we're very fortunate to be able to have family help raise her however I do think it's important for her to learn how to interact with other kids and to be in new situations. So I try my best to get her out whenever possible.

Recently I had a very rare moment to myself roaming through the book store and saw a sign that was for Story Time! Every Saturday at 11:00am our local Barnes and Noble has story time. So I took Alivia and she loved it. She even loved when Arthur came out and wanted to go say hello to him. Which actually surprised me because she's usually pretty unsure of things like that, especially big costume people...what is Arthur anyway? An ant? Chipmunk? Huh. anyway, she'd never seen or heard about him before so it was new to her all around but she still liked meeting him.

After the story they got a little treat from Starbucks and got to color. All things she loves (and she doesn't get sugar often so the treat was extra special to her!)

We'll definitely be going again!








No comments:

Post a Comment